It’s summer time! This time of year is typically slower for us and we are good with that. It gives us time to catch up on things in the warehouse that there just isn’t time to do in the previous months. To start of the summer right we always have a BBQ cookout at the office for our employees and any freelancers who liked to join. The best part is J. Thor, the owner, is the one who does all the cooking. It’s our way to show how much we appreciate everyone and all the hard work they put in to make this team great. So THANK YOU, and thank you to our clients because without our employees, freelancers, and clients we wouldn’t be able to do what we love every day.
One of the things we enjoy here at J. Thor Productions is to be able to give back to the community that has given us so much. We have been MPI members for several years so when they needed a sponsors for their Big Brother Big Sister event we were happy to help. This event took place at Raymond James Stadium this past Saturday where members were matched with a child and they watched a baseball game, had balloon artist, face painting , DJ and so much more.
Thank you Matt for representing J. Thor Productions at the Big Brother Big Sister MPI event this past weekend and bringing a smile to CJ’s face. All the kids had a great time. Photo Courtesy: Tacey Briggs-Troncoso Photography
As you can see June is a busy month of anniversaries. Today Nick celebrates his 1 year anniversary. Nick is one of our producers and he came from Orlando. It has been a pleasure getting to know him and his beautiful family this past year. We are happy to have him as part of our family. Thank you Nick!
Matt Cole is our warehouse manager. We are celebrating his 2 year anniversary with J. Thor Productions, Inc. If you have ever come in to pick anything up or return is most likely the guy you talked to. We are appreciate all that he does for us and the team. We can’t thank him enough.
Because the goodwill of those we serve is the foundation of our success, it’s our pleasure at this holiday time to say “Thank You” for being a part of our family and for your support.
From the team at J. Thor Productions, Inc., we wish our clients and friends a holiday season not to forget!
Hosting holiday parties can be stressful. But with careful planning you can actually enjoy it. Here are a few tips to make your holiday party planning stress free.
- Make a list and live by it.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help and delegate.
- Cook what you can ahead of time.
- Keep it casual and lay everything out buffet style.
- Decorate small and save space for food.
- Setup a separate space for a bar, if possible, with both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverage choices.
- Create ambiance with candles and music.
- Most importantly relax and have fun. If you’re having a good time your guests will have a good time.
Need some inspiration? Check out Biz Bash’s 15 design trends for this holiday season.
We would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday weekend. J. Thor Productions will be closed Thursday, November 26th for Thanksgiving and Friday, November 27th to spend time with family and friends.
We would like to help this stressful time of year with a few tips that we have found helpful for hosting Thanksgiving.
- Plan your meal ahead of time.
- Make what you can ahead of time before the big day.
- Do not experiment with new recipes. Stick with the classic and experiment another time.
- Don’t stress over appetizers.
- Do not turn down help and delegate.
- Lay everything out buffet style.
- Set the table the night before.
- Free up prime dinner table real estate by moving oversize arrangements to the buffet table.
- Make a simple centerpiece that looks nice, but take no time.
- Most importantly relax, have fun, and live in the spirit of the holiday.
Here are some surprising facts you may not have known about J. Thor Productions.
- The company was started out of J’s garage in 2000. The first pieces of equipment purchased were a pair of H.E.S Trackspots and an H.E.S Universal controller. They continued buying gear and storing in the garage until there was no more room. In 2004 they rented space in a Tampa warehouse until 2006 when they bought their first building.
- The company now operates out of a 30,000 square foot facility set on 2 acres of land and offers 49 parking spaces. Plenty of room for expected growth in the next couple of years
- The logo you see now was not always the brand logo. The original logo had a globe in place of the O with the bolt going thru it. We learned fast that having full color screen printing and embroidering can get very expensive.
- J. Thor Productions is heavily invested in all areas of equipment. Sound, Lighting, video, staging and soft goods. We don’t just claim to be full service… we ARE full service
- They believe in having just as much fun as working. Our new facility offers a 20+’ slide to move between floors and also has a party deck! Here you will find a pool table, poker table, air hockey, foosball table, shuffleboard, and stage for the team to jam on. WORK HARD, PLAY HARD !
- The new facility also offers a gym for employees and friends to work out. Keeping in shape for those long days on the road is very important!
J. Thor Productions continues to grow and wanted to let you know that we have moved into a larger space. We spent 10 years in the previous building making great memories there but we are excited about our new building and the memories we will make here.
The move and remodeling has been chaotic but worth it. The new location gives J. Thor Productions’ staff an improved working environments, as well as room for continued expansion. We went from 10,000 sq ft to 30,000 sq ft, that now includes a gym and party deck to decompress at the end of the day. Thank you to everyone for your support through the years and to all the people who have helped with the move and remodeling. If you are in the area please stop by and say hi.
Please send all mail to our new address:
6870 142nd Avenue North
Largo, FL 33771
Our other contact information, such as telephone, fax and email has remained the same.